This podcast is a special podcast for attendees or undecided attendees, to get a view of what the workshop has to offer. Brad Wood talks about his upcoming workshop at Into the Box, he talks about who the ideal audience is, and why they should attend. He talks about what will the workshop cover, the requirements for the workshop, and what he hopes the attendees will leave the workshop with.
This course will enhance your application toolbox and development skills: Understand the theory and principles behind software testing. Understand all types of testing and know when to apply them. Review tools of the trade. Implement TDD, BDD and CI (Continuous Integration). Everything you wanted to know about the TestBox Framework.
BDD is kind of a natural evolution of coming up with your user stories first, your business scenarios first, and then out of those, inherently grow your unit testing suite or your integration testing suite. So, reorganizing your development shop to first appreciate the value in the utility of testing and the actual cost savings that you get in the long run and implement, meaning that is often times the first step for people.
This course will enhance your application toolbox and development skills.
- Understand the theory and principles behind software testing
- Understand all types of testing and know when to apply them
- Review tools of the trade
- Implement TDD, BDD and CI (Continuous Integration)
- Everything you wanted to know about the TestBox Framework
- Understand Mocking/Stubbing and its applications via MockBox
- Apply testing to your ColdBox Applications (Optional)
Below is a listing of course requirements:
- Laptop or Personal Computer ( super secure computers without installation permissions can be an issue )
- CFML IDE - we recommend VS Code
- CommandBox Installed
- Intermediate CFC & ColdFusion Knowledge
- Intermediate OO experience is desirable
To make sure you get all of the information as we release it, we'll blog about it here, but also check out the podcast website, subscribe with your favorite podcast provider or subscribe to the Ortus Solutions youtube channel or watch this episode and all the others on the playlist.